QUICK NEWS

{NEW} - A new css video is up.

{OLD} - New video courtesy of Skhilled, Thanks for posting it up.

Video of the moment:

Internal Links

SMF Sites

Quick Info

500 error on mod install

Started by LandyVlad, Aug 10, 2024, 09:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LandyVlad

Looking to update mods so uninstalled the outdated ones.
Just uploaded and attempted to install the new version of (in this case) DownloadsSystem.

I get this error:

QuoteThis page isn't working gsx1400owners.org is currently unable to handle this request.
HTTP ERROR 500

I do not think it is an error specific to the mod (but it's possible)

in cpanel the only recent server errors are these:
Quote2024-08-11 00:30:22.546165 [INFO] [3811187] [T0] [66.249.68.69:46326#APVH_gsx1400owners.org:443] File not found [/home2/gsxowner/public_html/404.shtml]
2024-08-11 00:30:22.546144 [INFO] [3811187] [T0] [66.249.68.69:46326#APVH_gsx1400owners.org:443] File not found [/home2/gsxowner/public_html/cron.php]

I'd appreciate if someone could tell me

1. How I can get back into my forum, as it's currently 'down', and
2. How to resolve the issue with mods update errors.
Please do not PM me with questions on astrophysics or theology.  You will get better and faster responses by asking homeless people in the street. Thank you.

Skhilled

Well, from the errors you've given the '/home2/gsxowner/public_html/404.shtml' and '/home2/gsxowner/public_html/cron.php' files are missing or have been moved.

When you uninstalled the outdated mods did you check to make sure that all of the code from those files was removed. When you install or uninstall mods, sometimes all of the code is not installed or removed because of mod conflicts. You need to make sure that it was done correctly by checking the individual files after installing or uninstalling ever mod. This has always been a problem with SMF. :(

To get back into your forum, I suggest restoring a backup...if you've made one before installing or uninstalling EACH mod. Backups should always be done before making any changes on your forum. Yeah, I know... I forget sometimes too but that is always the best and safest route. ;)

LandyVlad

ah fuck.

I have a backup but it seems MUCH smaller than the forum (is supposed to be a full backup but is measurable in MB not the GB it should be with attachments/gallery etc)

Please do not PM me with questions on astrophysics or theology.  You will get better and faster responses by asking homeless people in the street. Thank you.